Printer Friendly Page Printer Friendly Page | Register | Log in
Welcome Guest | Tuesday, September 17, 2019 02:24 AM EDT

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
TimH
Post subject: New Silver Comet Trail Cameras  PostPosted: Sep 02, 2019 - 02:04 AM
Ultra Distance
Ultra Distance

Not sure when the cameras were installed at the Rosedale Dr crossing but I noticed them today. I sat and watched for a few minutes and they work really well, sensing the approach of pedestrians and cyclists and tripping the light in their favor.

I slowed to about 12 MPH to prepare for a slow roll but I heard a beep as I approached and the light tripped in my favor. Peds and runners didn't have to slow down at all.

This is a great feature for the trail.

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikeforums.net-vbulletin/789x593/09_01_19_005_lg_05f4fa36e576266118238f05b76f167de7fba3a3.jpg

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikeforums.net-vbulletin/800x600/09_01_19_006_lg_99784767be8388447790714aa7331c20039e5a6a.jpg

As an aside, the runner in the photo was doing a 50 mile run!

-Tim-

Reply with quote Back to top
StevenT
Post subject: RE: New Silver Comet Trail Cameras  PostPosted: Sep 02, 2019 - 06:23 PM
StingRay Level
StingRay Level

Those cameras were installed on August 22nd.

Funny story: I was riding that morning and the Paulding DOT was working to install the new system. I stopped to talk with the supervisor, in order to thank him for adding a solution to what I think is the most dangerous intersection on the Comet. But instead of accepting my 'thank you,' the supervisor began lecturing me on the legalities and litigation of an accident if I "failed to push the button changing the light..." Said he had been keeping track of all the cyclist since they got there and he gave me the exact number of cyclist who had passed and the number who had stopped to push the button to change the light....He kept getting louder and louder.... Just one of those type personalities I guess....

This conversation continues for about 2-3 minutes with the Supervisor getting louder and louder as he speaks with me. Finally I stopped him and said, "Sir, I was just wanting to say thank you, but instead you are yelling and lecturing me, the resident and tax payer in this County." I got on my bike an departed as he just looked at me....

Glad to see that the system works. I have not ridden back that way since then.

gooberhead
Post subject: RE: New Silver Comet Trail Cameras  PostPosted: Sep 03, 2019 - 08:12 PM
Distance Rider
Distance Rider

Good job! Treat yo self to a big ol' plate of bar bay cue tonight!

Maniac_
Post subject: RE: New Silver Comet Trail Cameras  PostPosted: Sep 10, 2019 - 08:35 PM
CenturyRider Level
CenturyRider Level

Did someone say barbecue?

Harder, faster.

Maniac_

Wolverine
Post subject: Re: New Silver Comet Trail Cameras  PostPosted: Sep 12, 2019 - 09:10 PM
Distance Rider
Distance Rider

TimH wrote:
Not sure when the cameras were installed at the Rosedale Dr crossing but I noticed them today. I sat and watched for a few minutes and they work really well, sensing the approach of pedestrians and cyclists and tripping the light in their favor.
-Tim-

I'm wondering if the rest of the intersections will have those cameras in Cobb. I took my wife through Cobb's plethora of stop lights, and she told me she'd rather not go that way again due to all the stops. I couldn't blame her. But if the intersections all had those lights, and if they all sensed us coming and changed the lights in our favor, MAN! that would be AWESOME!!! I'd definitely go that way again.

TimH
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 13, 2019 - 04:05 AM
Ultra Distance
Ultra Distance

@Wolverine

These are in Paulding County.

It is Rosedale Drive, east of the caboose and west of the concrete plant.

-Tim-

Jump to: