Printer Friendly Page Printer Friendly Page | Register | Log in
Welcome Guest | Thursday, November 14, 2019 04:22 AM EST

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
TimH
Post subject: Services at the Top of Brasstown?  PostPosted: Jun 27, 2019 - 10:59 PM
Ultra Distance
Ultra Distance

Anyone know what services are available at the visitor's center? I know there are bathrooms and water but is there any food, even basic convenience store stuff?

What about bikes beyond the parking lot? Does anyone think walking a bike up the trail from the parking lot to the visitor's center would be prohibited or frowned upon?

I'll probably call the visitor's center for the official word but reality doesn't always match up with rules and regulations.

I've been to the parking lot but have never been to the summit and might be going past there later this summer.

-Tim-

Reply with quote Back to top
forrest
Post subject: RE: Services at the Top of Brasstown?  PostPosted: Jun 28, 2019 - 03:05 AM
Ultra Distance
Ultra Distance

It has been a few years since I was up there, but they put in a new gift shop thing five or six years ago. It is at the level with the parking lot. If I recall correctly, Rama Krishna and I stashed our bikes safely somewhere in 2011 or 2012--which might have been having the people at the store watch them--and took the shuttle up and went to the observation tower. I would just call and take notes of the call and get the name of the person who is giving the information so that you can have some teeth if you go up there and they say something that's different.

vrk75
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 28, 2019 - 07:50 PM
Distance Rider
Distance Rider

Yes, there is food. There is a souvenir shop too. You can leave your bikes and take a ride on the shuttle to the summit.

Also, last time the Ranger's offered me a ride on her truck in case I did not want to use my bike for descent. (it's a scary descent)

I am going again in mid-July.

TimH
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 29, 2019 - 02:37 AM
Ultra Distance
Ultra Distance

Thank you both.

That is what I needed to know.

-Tim-

Jump to: