Printer Friendly Page Printer Friendly Page | Register | Log in
Welcome Guest | Tuesday, March 19, 2019 01:39 AM EDT

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
biker1881
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 26, 2019 - 07:51 PM
HuffyCruiser Level
HuffyCruiser Level

forrest wrote:
Nice posts there, Mr. Lay's!!!

I'm with you on the cost. I can go out there and ride the roads for free at my own pace. I would pay a few dollars more for a benefit ride. If you look at how well something Chattooga is supported for what they are trying to fund, I will go out of my way to bring extra riders in. Six Gap, no way. It's too trendy and too expensive for a for-profit ride.

for some reason, Six Gap has never made my bucket list. $66 plus hotel doesn't really help. Don't think I have ever paid that much for a one day loop ride.

majority of the rides are hovering in that $35-$40 price range, including Serrano, and UTC. Considering what those rides have to offer, that price is a steal, and is what I use to compare other rides to. Even the 400 ride at $35 stands out. I just can't stand the wait for staging. Even BBC at $40 is very reasonable. But the car line and parking are major issues at that ride. The One Love was at $35 last year and is a good deal too.

Chattooga was $25 for many years and that was a great value. $35 is still fine for that ride considering the route and fresh baked cookies in Menlo. Hope they bring back Chattooga.

Despite lumping Jackson County Brevet with the higher priced rides, I think 100% of those proceeds go to aplastic anemia research. And the ride offers a lot of amenities.

SBL rides (Wilson and Covington) are $55. I think it's $10-$15 too high but I still go becuase of proximity. The Southside Century in July at $55 is steep considering what is provided. That's all that really comes to mind. Everything else is priced about right. But I am starting to become selective if price, crowd control, parking and/or experience don't match expectations.

Reply with quote Back to top
TomA
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 02, 2019 - 12:04 PM
Ultra Distance
Ultra Distance

rlaz wrote:

Join us in Dunlap on October 5th for the first annual CYCLE SEQUATCHIE and see why Sequatchie Valley is Chattanooga's cycling playground! Only half an hour from town but a world away from the traffic. Check out CycleSequatchie.com for more info and to sign up!

© 2018 3 State 3 Mountain

I did that ride many years ago. It was a great ride with terrain similar to the Chattooga ride. Flat to rolling with one big climb. Looks like they changed the start. The year i did it, it started at a high school. It is in central time so you don't have to get up and head out as early as you did for 3 state

gocatscanes
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 08, 2019 - 02:20 PM
CenturyRider Level
CenturyRider Level

NGCA just added it to the ride schedule for this year so expect to get at least 50+ NGCA riders out to UTC - I'll be going.

biker1881
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 14, 2019 - 04:22 PM
HuffyCruiser Level
HuffyCruiser Level

The Honeybee Metric Century (now with a century option) seems like an appealing option.

https://www.bikereg.com/40885

It includes a family pass to Rock City that is good for one year plus a $6.50 voucher to eat at a local restaraunt or at the festival.

The Prison Prevention Chattanooga Century Bike Ride is another ride I may consider:

https://itsyourrace.com/event.aspx?id=7046

Jump to: