Printer Friendly Page Printer Friendly Page | Register | Log in
Welcome Guest | Saturday, December 15, 2018 06:08 AM EST

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
motoBcane
Post subject: Store closing..  PostPosted: Dec 03, 2018 - 03:33 AM
Distance Rider
Distance Rider

Passing through Roswell Saturday, I saw a banner that the performance bike shop was closing. Anybody been in there lately. Any good deals? Also any other PBS closing? I remember few years back, I got excited visiting the stores and would be a frequent shopper, this year I've been to the Kennesaw store a couple times without buying anything...

Reply with quote Back to top
gocatscanes
Post subject: RE: Store closing..  PostPosted: Dec 03, 2018 - 04:04 PM
CenturyRider Level
CenturyRider Level

Pretty sure the Kennesaw location is also closing as I got an auto-mail for 40% off entire store stock. If you played your member points and combined with sales you could get some great prices on pedals, helmets, tubes, and nutrition. In the old days the ability to return items unfettered was something I used more than a few times on pedals, helmets, and clothing. Given the buyout and restructuring it become a less attractive option over the past couple of years. Not many of us were ever buying any of the high end items around bikes or wheelsets given the product line. The mechanics were hit or miss for the most part and I would rather support our local shops for any of that work anyway. I think the bike business is still a pretty tough go and you have to have the volume, following, and relationships to really make it profitable - we are lucky to have several in our area that are of really high quality and give us the options - I'm ok to pay a bit more money on many items and services to support them as well given the value of having them to our local biking community.

As an aside Synder's bikes is also closing up - probably not many on here went there - but I knew Seth(owner) and he was a good guy and a really capable wheel and frame builder. I think Dec 15 is their last day and close out party - they were originally downtown but had moved to Tucker a few years back.

MrBigStuff
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 03, 2018 - 07:26 PM
CenturyRider Level
CenturyRider Level

Here is a pretty good article on the current plans...
https://www.bicycleretailer.com/retail-news/2018/12/02/liquidator-running-sales-all-performance-locations#.XAV-gMROlaQ

The list of store closings:
https://www.newsobserver.com/news/business/article222379655.html

TimH
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 09, 2018 - 12:38 AM
Ultra Distance
Ultra Distance

Looks like all Performance Bike retail locations will be closing.

https://www.performancebike.com/shop/importantupdate

I grabbed a few chains and some nutrition at the Marietta store last night. Not spectacular prices but decent enough.

motoBcane
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 10, 2018 - 08:07 PM
Distance Rider
Distance Rider

Lots of inventory, bikes, clothing left at the Atlanta store...most are only 10-20% off, so not much of a good deal...I'll come back in the new year if Christmas doesn't break me....

cdy291
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 10, 2018 - 11:55 PM
Distance Rider
Distance Rider

They'll save the good deals like 60% off till there is almost nothing left in the stores.

Jump to: