Printer Friendly Page Printer Friendly Page | Register | Log in
Welcome Guest | Saturday, November 17, 2018 02:05 PM EST

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
motoBcane
Post subject: what goes through your mind when you get hit.  PostPosted: Nov 05, 2018 - 01:51 AM
Distance Rider
Distance Rider

So some of the guys already know that I got side swiped by a truck Saturday morning. I was making my way to Florence rd via the powder springs dallas rd by the tracks when Bam! I got hurled into the ditch along with my bike. My immediate thought was "sh#t! this can't be happening to me" and thoughts of is this gonna be it, and am I gonna be part of the stastistic and have a ghost bike as my memorial, anyways instinctively I tucked my head in and rolled couple times to the soft boggy ditch which had tall grass but also the prickly briar weeds. I layed there for a few seconds in disbelief and shock, then I crawled to the side of the road to see what and who hit me. An older guy came to me and was so apologetic and genuinely was concerned about my wellbeing. I was in shock. I ask him if he can call the powder springs PD in which he did. I turned down EMS when the 911 lady ask me, The fella said the morning bright sun on the horizon blinded him and couldn't see nothing, couple minutes later the sky gang about 8 of ya'll came through and waited with me till the cops came. thanks guys for seeing about me and checking that I was OK, I told them to go ahead enjoy their ride while I waited for a police report to be taken, and by that time Lisa was already on scene for me...After about 5 minutes we went home...I think either his side mirror hit me or his bumper hit my rear tire to luckily make me go to the ditch instead of being run over were I could have been seriously hurt or worse. I was so sore Sunday morning, few scratches on my face and exposed part of my lower leg. mid back, neck and shoulder pain, and my right ankle is swollen with a small cut on the inner bone part with some pain when I walk. I'll have it all check tomorrow if its not better. the bike looks ok but the rear wheel while not taco is definitely not true.
Anyways just want to tell you of that scary experience, I've never use a helmet mirror and don't know if that would have prevented this, It can be a dangerous pastime but it wont deter me from riding, maybe less solo riding, which I also enjoy too...be safe out there guys.

Last edited by motoBcane on Nov 09, 2018 - 03:08 AM; edited 3 times in total

Reply with quote Back to top
Sadlebred
Post subject: RE: what goes through your mind when you get hit.  PostPosted: Nov 05, 2018 - 02:53 AM
Distance Rider
Distance Rider

I am so sorry you got hit! Before you talk to his insurance company, definitely go to the doctor. I'd also recommend that you talk to Bruce Hagen with Bike Law GA. He specializes in settling cases like yours. Please tell him I referred you.

https://www.bikelaw.com/city/atlanta-bicycle-accident-lawyers/

Yuppiepuppie
Post subject: RE: what goes through your mind when you get hit.  PostPosted: Nov 05, 2018 - 03:22 AM
CenturyRider Level
CenturyRider Level

I agree with the suggestion that you see a doctor. You really don't know if you're OK or not. Let me use ME as an example.

I had a bicycle collision/tumble on the Silver Comet and thought I was fine, with only a couple bruises and contusions. A couple months later though, I woke up one morning and couldn't get out of bed. -Long story short, it took spinal surgery and 6 months recovery between a wheel chair and walker before I could function properly again.

That simple "tumble" damaged one of the valves in a disk, to the point that it leaked the "jelly" out and formed a cyst between my spine and vertebrae. Over time, it grew until it pinched the spinal cord. That's when everything went downhill, and back surgery was necessary.

-Lots of detail to try to convince you that you really don't know if you're OK. I thought I was fine! Let a doctor tell you that you're OK. You can't be over cautious!

Yuppiepuppie

Veni Vidi Vomui
(I came, I saw, I vomited

Jump to: