Printer Friendly Page Printer Friendly Page | Register | Log in
Welcome Guest | Monday, December 10, 2018 04:40 PM EST

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
forrest
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 10, 2018 - 05:15 PM
Ultra Distance
Ultra Distance

Important things to note:

-No Cannonballs this year that I know of. I am going to be in the market soon for a '79 450SEL 6.9L for next fall. It takes about a year to get everything together.

-I just got my bike-carrying car up and running last week, so I have something that I can easily transport with again.

-Rode on Tuesday and passed Serotta Rick in the other direction who screamed "CHATTOOGA!!!!!!" at me. I was trying to dodge bad cells and was dry but turned around around mile 17 and rode back with him. Sure enough, the entire trail was DEVASTATED where I had just been. Only a microburst could have caused more destruction and debris.

-On Wednesday, a guy at work was flipping out about a storm that hit his house in Smyrna on Tuesday. I told him, "You know, I rode my bike through that storm."

-This morning, I dropped my shoes in the sink with some laundry detergent and bleach. I silted up the bathroom sink drain with what came off the outside of the shoes in five minutes. Oops.

-I'm doing Chattooga tomorrow and will do the century route at an average speed between 8 and 15 mph.

Reply with quote Back to top
motoBcane
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 10, 2018 - 11:00 PM
Distance Rider
Distance Rider

6.9L, sounds kinda thirsty....

I always remember Wilson as being a hot ride the couple times I've done it, long straight roads with not much tree shades....one love seems to have more hills especially at the end. It seems the riders are happy with one love, maybe because it happens on a long LD weekend, and cause of the festive atmosphere..I know most folks know the south Fulton silk sheets route well and this ride tends to be really fast.

The sprint and cobble stages were cool, I guess I'm just not a fan of Sky's domination in the mountains...

Reply with quote Back to top
Jump to: