Printer Friendly Page Printer Friendly Page | Register | Log in
Welcome Guest | Friday, December 15, 2017 10:49 AM EST

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
GregH
Post subject: Re: RE: Saturday and Sunday Fall Rides  PostPosted: Oct 03, 2017 - 02:50 PM
Distance Rider
Distance Rider

mtoestreich wrote:
where and distance?

That's going to be the big question. I ride from all over the place. Could be Rockmart, Coots Lake Trailhead, Taylorsville, Joe Cawan Park up in Euharlee, Sosebee, Adairsville, etc. Need to get and idea where folks will drive to and what kind of mileage they would be interested in. I'd say probably 50 to 60 miles to make it worth the drive? Like I said, trying to feel things out a little to judge whether there's any interest.

Hey mark....are you thinking about bringing one or two of those World Champions out to slum with the rest of us!

Reply with quote Back to top
bjp
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Saturday and Sunday Fall Rides  PostPosted: Oct 03, 2017 - 05:10 PM
Ultra Distance
Ultra Distance

The main reason a lot of us ride the Sky Loop so regularly is that it's a short drive or we can ride to the start from home. For myself I greatly prefer to ride from Sosebee and elsewhere but I can ride to the Sky Loop start from my house or drive 5 minutes to the Floyd Rd trailhead as opposed to a 50+ minute drive one-way to Sosebee. I'll still end up with a 50+ mile ride and spend less than 10 minutes driving around as opposed to 2+ hours given the traffic coming south on I75 these days.

For other destinations Tara Drummond is about 25 minutes drive, Rockmart/Coots Lake about 35-40 minutes, etc. Some of the folks that live in Powder Springs or Hiram will have shorter drives to those places than me but still much shorter than a drive up to Sosebee.

mtoestreich
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Saturday and Sunday Fall Rides  PostPosted: Oct 06, 2017 - 03:05 PM
Distance Rider
Distance Rider

I totally agree with BJP about riding at Sosebee, it is great riding but the 2 hours in a car is a pain. Yes, I am looking for rides/routes for our junior team. The sky loop has the groups and speeds I am looking for so we will likely be using that ride for now.

www.christiancycling.com

Make Your Bike Your Ministry

Jump to: