Printer Friendly Page Printer Friendly Page | Register | Log in
Welcome Guest | Wednesday, November 22, 2017 04:12 AM EST

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
TomA
Post subject: Sosebee Cycling Park  PostPosted: Sep 10, 2017 - 12:03 AM
Ultra Distance
Ultra Distance

All,
I went up and rode out of Sosebee today for my first road ride in a long time. I had the opportunity to talk with Chris Sosebee for a few minutes. He was saying that often on Saturday when there are 80 to 100 cars parked there is only 15 to 20 dollars in the donation boxes. This is really sad.

Please consider dropping a couple dollars each time you use the facility. He has done allot of work to provide cyclist a GREAT facility to ride from in one of the best riding areas in North Ga. He plans on building restrooms with flushing toilets and a shower. He can't do this( and should not do this) without the funds that we donate.

You can drop the cash into the donation boxes or you can Paypal him at donate@sosebeecyclingpark.com. He also is working on providing a way to make a yearly donation.

Quote:
We have been ask many times throughout the years to come up with a program where cyclist could make a yearly donation rather than being bothered with the donation drop boxes. So I have recently spoke with random cyclist in the park on this subject, and here is what we came up with. With a yearly 100 dollars donation you'll get a window decal signifying that you are a 2018 supporter of the park. A 200 dollar donation signifies that you are a 2018 friend of the park. Being a supporter will help us with the overhead such as insurance, porta john, and keeping up the grounds. Being a friend of the park will help with the up keep, but also will allow us to make park advancements. Sometime in the near future we will get more info out about when and how we will implement this.
Each year we spend more than we receive from the donation boxes and at this time we are unable to carry the load. We love the park and still have big plans for its future. With the cyclist community all pulling together I believe we can develop road cycling facilities in rural areas that will make cycling safer and more enjoyable. Thanks for all the support.

Please remind everyone you know that uses Sosebee Cycling Park to donate when they use the Park.

http://www.sosebeecyclingpark.com/

Reply with quote Back to top
Jump to: