Printer Friendly Page Printer Friendly Page | Register | Log in
Welcome Guest | Sunday, September 22, 2019 08:03 AM EDT

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
TimH
Post subject: Great Experience with ProWheelBuilder.com  PostPosted: Oct 02, 2016 - 02:05 AM
Ultra Distance
Ultra Distance

I had a great experience with Richard at ProWheelBuilder.com.

The LBS twisted a few spokes while truing my old Mavic Ksyrium SL wheels. It turns out they had to order the Mavic spoke wrench to do the job and clearly didn't know what they were doing. Anyway, that's a bit of a rant and not really my point.

I took Friday off to get a bunch of stuff done and took the opportunity to drive over ProWheelBuilder in Cumming. Richard said that he couldn't always do walk-in customer's on the spot but this time he just happened to be able to do so. He took me into his workshop and we chatted for about 45 minutes while he broke the nipples loose, cleaned everything up, replaced the broken spoke, tensioned and stress relieved the wheels and then trued and double checked for even tension.

Boyd, Zipp, Fulcrum, HED and any other brand you can think of hanging from hooks all over the place... thousands of rims and shelves full of hubs and spokes... Says he builds 4000 pairs per year.

Anyway, definitely worth the drive for anyone with a high end wheelset who worries about where to take them for service.

-Tim-

Reply with quote Back to top
TimH
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 10, 2016 - 06:32 PM
Ultra Distance
Ultra Distance

Another good experience with ProWheelBuilder.com.

I had my fixed gear bike wheels serviced. They were dropped off Monday 12/5 and Richard called me Thursday 12/8 to let me know they were done. He said that the front tension was too high and the rear tension was too low. He actually loosens all the spokes, retensions, stresses the wheel and does a final true/tension. I also asked him to check the bearings for wear and preload.

It was only a $15 to have them shipped back to Acworth as I had left them in a wheel box. They arrived Friday, 12/9. Total cost $65.

Definitely recommend prowheelbuilder.com.

-Tim-

Reply with quote Back to top
Jump to: