Printer Friendly Page Printer Friendly Page | Register | Log in
Welcome Guest | Tuesday, July 17, 2018 07:12 PM EDT

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
cycling50
Post subject: Up the Creek Without a Pedal--Save the date--April 30th!  PostPosted: Jan 20, 2016 - 08:45 PM
Distance Rider
Distance Rider

CVCA is turning the "Up the Creek Without a Pedal" ride over to T.R.E.D. , Trails for Recreation and Economic Development of Rome/Floyd Co. All proceeds will go to support the development and maintenance of trails in Rome and Floyd Co area. The CVCA will continue to support and assist with the event. Julie Smith, President of TRED, is also the wife of Trey Smith and co-owner of Smith's shop, Cycle Therapy in Rome. Julie is also on board of Georgia Bikes and Bike, Walk, NW GA. Julie and Trey are very active in the cycling community.

Due to the inability to obtain The Forum on our usual date, the new date will be Saturday, April 30th! The event will remain basically unchanged from last year, but with the addition of a family ride on the trails in downtown Rome. The event will also not be on Active.com this year.

Visit www.itsyourrace.com and get the early pricing. Search for "Up the Creek". Paper forms also available at Cycle Therapy Bike Shop and Pullen's Ordinary Bike Shop in Rome.

The CVCA thanks everyone for their past support and hopes you will continue to support "Up the Creek" under the new management.

Chris

Reply with quote Back to top
cycling50
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 13, 2016 - 08:56 PM
Distance Rider
Distance Rider

Reminder to register by April 15th to get the lower rate and reserve T-shirt if you want one. New this year will be a $6.50 credit toward post-ride meal at participating restaurants, instead of a special meal for $6.50. Most of the restaurants are within a couple of blocks of The Forum.

We will be offering the free strawberry ice cream again this year at the LCCL Strawberry Farm on your way back to The Forum. Come back and pick strawberries to take home!

Sag stops will have home made chocolate chip cookies and some will have the PB balls along with the usual snacks.

Come enjoy the beautiful rural scenery and low traffic roads!

Thanks,
Chris

forrest
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 18, 2016 - 03:20 PM
Ultra Distance
Ultra Distance

One of the best rides of the year.

twacker
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 25, 2016 - 01:33 PM
CenturyRider Level
CenturyRider Level

Are you riding this Forrest?

Terry

forrest
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 25, 2016 - 06:28 PM
Ultra Distance
Ultra Distance

If it doesn't rain as it did a few years ago, certainly!

I did a solo 48-mile route hammerfest late yesterday afternoon from Sosebee on an empty stomach and two bottles just so that I could be in some sort of shape for Chris's awesome ride. I also got the camera and external battery set up and tested so that I can capture an entire UTC this time. I'll be needing it to have something pretty to watch during the cold season when I'm sitting/standing on the trainer.

Again, Up The Creek is AWESOME. I think that UTC and Chattooga have become my staple rides every year. ($ix Gap, a pricey for-profit ride, can sit on it.)

cycling50
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 25, 2016 - 10:19 PM
Distance Rider
Distance Rider

Thanks for all of the nice words Forrest! I sure hope you can come. I won't be at the start, but I'll be out at a couple of the rest stops and cruising the roads in my car, so maybe I'll see you.

Julie Smith of TRED is doing an awesome year in her first year of taking this over! I hope all runs smooth for her sake. Money goes to trails so good for all of us. You know Cave Spring is working on a trail to the Silver Comet Trail and then hopefully, Rome can add a segment to connect from Rome to Cave Spring. Sure would be great to be able to ride trail from Rome to Silver Comet Trail.

Weather is looking pretty good so far, but you never can tell.

Chris

Sadlebred
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 26, 2016 - 02:39 AM
Distance Rider
Distance Rider

I'm hoping to make it....will be a last minute decision, though!

forrest
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 26, 2016 - 04:48 PM
Ultra Distance
Ultra Distance

cycling50 wrote:
You know Cave Spring is working on a trail to the Silver Comet Trail and then hopefully, Rome can add a segment to connect from Rome to Cave Spring. Sure would be great to be able to ride trail from Rome to Silver Comet Trail.

Chris, tell me more about this trail. Serotta Rick was talking about some old retired folks in that area doing a lot of volunteer work to make some trails, but I assumed that it was going to be gravel walking trails. I absolutely love Cave Spring. I just hope that the developers don't figure out anything about the area!

I would post one of my routes that I did last year to Cave Spring, but Garmin Connect decided to go "Windows 8" on its users, thoroughly confusing people like me, and completely annihilated the option of switching to the old user interface, so I had to dump Garmin Connect. Sad

Jump to: