Printer Friendly Page Printer Friendly Page | Register | Log in
Welcome Guest | Monday, September 24, 2018 09:10 PM EDT

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
gmac09
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 14, 2006 - 02:22 AM
Distance Rider
Distance Rider

That was a great ride. Great experience for my first one. I know it will keep me coming back for more. Very scenic, beautiful ride. It certainly was tough at times, but I was able to push through. I was worried with the fast pace at the beginning but soon settled in to a nice rhythm. The head winds on the back 50 were brutal. All in all what a great time and I couldn't be happier.
Most importantly I need to thank Travis. Long pulls and sticking with me made this achievable. I know that if it wasn't for him I likely would not have made it. If not, certainly not in the time that we did. Even with the headwinds I think we still finished within our goal pace. Or at least Travis's goal. I had no idea what to expect. Again thanks Travis for all the reassurances that helped make my descision to do this ride. And of course helping me along the way. What a stand up job all around. I'm indebted to you.
Also, thanks to anyone who posted advice for first time century riders. Some of it really helped. And thanks for letting me tag along on the weekend rides that allowed me to be able to do this. In general....THANKS!
Good job to all the others that made it. And WOW to the speed freaks that turned in their crazy fast time.

Reply with quote Back to top
TomA
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 14, 2006 - 12:33 PM
Ultra Distance
Ultra Distance

CVCA does a great job on the ride and it was a great route. This was the first time that I rode north of Villanow. I am most impressed with the route on the northern loop of this ride.

I have to say a BIG THANKS to Mark T. At about mile 55 I heard someone behind me yelling TOOOMMMMYYYY. It was Mark T. We were in the climbing part of the ride so from that point to about mile 90 we swapped back and forth. Mark would catch and pass on the climbs and I would catch and pass on the flats and downhills. At mile 90 when we turned off of Haywood Valley Rd. I was spent, the legs were jello and my glutes were screaming at me to stop. At the turn Mark came by so I latched onto him and pedeled through the pain. We swapped pulls a few times but Mark is an ANIMAL and pulled more than I did.

I would have crawled in those last 10 miles if it were not for Mark's help and motivation.

Thanks Mark T
Tom

BAZimmerman
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 14, 2006 - 01:10 PM
CenturyRider Level
CenturyRider Level

Wild Bill, TJ, JoeB, and yes- Vern the Machine- thanks for the great ride today! Super route and markings. My inability to read a map was never an issue, LOL! Congrats to GMAC09 for completing his first century!!!! Special thanks to Wild Bill for repeatedly telling me peoples' names- I'm worse with names then I am with maps! CU all on the road/trail.
BAZ

cycling50
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 15, 2006 - 04:12 PM
Distance Rider
Distance Rider

Congratulations gmac09 on completing your first century!! I know the wind made it a much tougher ride than normal. I spoke to "Mother Nature" about that and she said she never got my e-mail request for tailwinds all day. All of those rollers can wear you down too.
The CVCA really appreciates you all supporting our ride. I'm sorry I didn't get to meet all of you. Come on up any weekend and we'll ride the same routes or try something a little different, but just as scenic.

Thanks again!
Chris

Jump to: