Printer Friendly Page Printer Friendly Page | Register | Log in
Welcome Guest | Friday, September 21, 2018 07:23 PM EDT

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Ophelia
Post subject: New Year's Day Ride from Barnsley Garden at 10:30 am  PostPosted: Dec 31, 2014 - 12:52 AM
CenturyRider Level
CenturyRider Level

Paul and Judy are hosting a New Year’s Day “Ride Leader Appreciation” Ride from Barnsley Garden resort on Thursday, January 1st.

As this is the New Year and it will be chilly, we were thinking a 10:30 am start. We will be rolling out from the parking area promptly at this time.

Barnsley Garden is thrilled to let us host a New Year’s Day ride from their beautiful resort in Adairsville, Georgia. We can enjoy the amenities of safe parking at the Rice House parking lot and heated bathrooms near the parking area. Jen isn’t sure if the Beer Garden will be open but if we have enough people call to ask if the Beer Garden would be open on January 1st – they might be persuaded. Their phone number is: 770-773-7480.

There are 3 ride options – There are NO cue sheets provided so please down load the route or print a cue sheet from the RidewithGPS website.

•The 54 Mile “designated driver” route: http://ridewithgps.com/routes/6707526

•Or, 41 Mile “hangover” route: http://ridewithgps.com/routes/6698355

•Plus, the 45 Mile “designated decoy” route: http://ridewithgps.com/routes/6698262

The Beer Garden is a great post ride hangout and usually opens at 12:00 pm. They have a large fire pit where you can toast marshmallows or your buns if it’s really cold and chat with friends you haven’t seen in a long or short time.

The Barnsley website says: Beer Garden: Sit down, relax and enjoy the Beer Garden, where a casual menu of salads, Panini’s, bratwurst and more are available. Of course, more than 30 craft beer selections are available, including Godfrey's Pale Ale, exclusive to Barnsley Resort.

Don’t forget – Cell phone coverage at Barnsley Garden is spotty so if you’re trying to call us for directions the day of the ride, you might be SOL. Sorry!

Looking forward to starting the new year with many friends, old and new. 

Reply with quote Back to top
forrest
15 Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 01, 2015 - 12:25 AM
Ultra Distance
Ultra Distance

Yes

forrest
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 01, 2015 - 07:00 AM
Ultra Distance
Ultra Distance

Just spent the past two hours trying to find my GPS. Just found it. I'll be there if it isn't like negative ten out.

TerriW
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 02, 2015 - 01:14 PM
Distance Rider
Distance Rider

Had so much fun on this ride today! Lots of fun rollers and a few short climbs for good measure! I loved the route and the company was great! Good to ride with Forrest....sorry I called you Parke LOL! Happy New Year everyone and I hope to ride many more group rides this year!!!!! TerriW

forrest
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 02, 2015 - 07:53 PM
Ultra Distance
Ultra Distance

Judy and Paul, thanks for coming out and being awesome ride leaders.

Judy handed out some awesome toffees and flavor-coated pecans (pecans, right?) which were perfect to snack on for the duration of the ride. I enjoyed Terri's company except when she called me a "Parke." That just about ruined the ride, but since it's a new year, I thought, hey, forgive and forget, so we continued, and my temper cooled. I just thought of round circles projected at angles as ellipses onto angled planes, and all was good.

Barnsley Garden was a great place to start from. Everyone there is friendly as can be, and the grounds have been kept up very well from what I saw.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/662016175

Jump to: