Printer Friendly Page Printer Friendly Page | Register | Log in
Welcome Guest | Tuesday, July 17, 2018 06:55 PM EDT

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Vivid
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 10, 2014 - 07:15 AM
CenturyRider Level
CenturyRider Level

I was going to be there, but am out due to the weather. Have fun and be safe guys.

Reply with quote Back to top
AlphaPapa
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 11, 2014 - 12:22 AM
Distance Rider
Distance Rider

Chris, I didn't see you today but you were probably somewhere being the good host you always are. I enjoyed the new start/finish, and the rain wasn't too bad, in fact, the mist in the valleys made for some beautiful sights. I might avoid the trail "cool down" section next time in the rain though - it was pretty slick - no falls though. Hope everyone had a safe ride today. I skipped the Strawberry ice cream this time, but next year I might bring some Hershey's chocolate syrup to put on top. Wink

motoBcane
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 11, 2014 - 01:10 AM
Distance Rider
Distance Rider

good ride for us trio...20.7 av for the 101 miles (James strava sez 104), a group of mission source help us keep the pace up and we were happy to let them pull for 3/4 of the ride....periods of moderate rain was'nt bad, at least no overheating issue......

I like the token part and your choice of restaurant for lunch...saw Terri, Steve Jim and co. already enjoying their meal and beer at mellow mushroom...

Great ride overall, rain made it a lil adventurous....

Sadlebred
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 11, 2014 - 03:43 AM
Distance Rider
Distance Rider

Mr. Sadle enjoyed the ride today with his team, NCGA. I think the group he was with did the 68. Wish I could have made it, but I did a mtb race with my team. UTC is always a fun ride...

cycling50
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 11, 2014 - 04:14 PM
Distance Rider
Distance Rider

Thanks to everyone who came and "enjoyed" the wet UTC! I think this was the worst weather we've had in 24 yrs. Y'all were real troopers and so kind in your comments. Appreciate your support!!!

Would love to have any constructive comments, as we didn't really get to talk to people after the end of the trail or meal aspect. We may send out a survey to get feedback to improve for next year. I know I needed more porta toilets at the start.....my bad!!

Al P., I was worried about the trail in the rain, especially when I was warned that morning of a particularly bad spot. Apparently the museum along the trail decided they wanted to improve the look of the trail by the museum and painted that section. Yikes.....paint makes it slippery when wet!! We ran down and put up signs to tell people to dismount for that section and tried to warn everyone. I hope no one fell! We gave riders choice of riding back on the road, if they wanted to avoid the trail(although police did not really want them on the roads).

Al P., I'm headed out to return strawberry buckets. I'll sample a strawberry ice cream for you.

MotoBcane glad you had a safe ride. NGCA (Mission Source) was a big help to us also, by sponsoring their club's fees for UTC . We appreciated their support.

Trish, glad your hubby was able to join us. Thanks for advertising for us on your SE cycling web site.

Got to talk with Terri! She was laughing/joking as always! I heard her before I saw her! Met her friend Beth L.

So....you can pm me with any comments you don't want to broadcast.

This is probably my last year of being in charge of UTC, but I'll continue to assist with the event. Maybe, I'll get to ride it next year.....

Thanks again!!

Chris

cycling50
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 27, 2014 - 06:15 PM
Distance Rider
Distance Rider

Update:

$6500 was split between the Boy Scouts(man 6 of our sag stops), Community Kitchen, Claws for Paws, T.R.E.D., and The Free Clinic of Rome. We will also be paying for one night's stay and food for 33 Bike & Build college students who will be coming to Rome next week. They will stay 2 nights this year and assist with a Habitat for Humanity work day while they are here. We always look forward to hosting them.

Next up will be the Lunar Ride in late July.

Thanks again to everyone for their support!

Chris

Jump to: