Printer Friendly Page Printer Friendly Page | Register | Log in
Welcome Guest | Friday, January 24, 2020 06:52 AM EST

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
vagabond
Post subject: Lunar Ride Info?  PostPosted: Jun 27, 2013 - 01:55 PM
Distance Rider
Distance Rider

My 8 year-old son is asking if we're doing the Dog Days Lunar Ride again this year.
Any info on the 2013 edition? I looked on the CVCA site and couldn't find any registration info.

Thanks,
Mitch

Reply with quote Back to top
cycling50
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 02, 2013 - 03:14 AM
Distance Rider
Distance Rider

Mitch,

Sorry for the late response, but I've been out of state. When I left, the mall was leaning towards giving us permission to host the event. I left 2 messages requesting a simple "yes" or "no" response and still haven't heard. I will call in the morning now that I'm back in town. Even if they give permission, it will be tough to get it all together in such a short time. If they can't give me an answer this week, I'll have to cancel it for this year.

I'm very disappointed that the new mall owner doesn't think it benefits the mall. They will not even let me talk to him in person. We've been doing this ride for 18 years and all of the other owners were very supportive of the event.

We can look for another site, but doubt we could find anything that could compare and we would have to change the date.

Stay tuned for final news.

Chris

cycling50
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 02, 2013 - 09:00 PM
Distance Rider
Distance Rider

Well, sorry to say, but Mt. Berry Square Mall has declined us permission to hold the Lunar Ride. Management told me that the company has a policy of "No events after the mall is closed."

CVCA will search for a new site where we can hold a similar event, but don't think that will happen this year.

Thanks to those who enjoyed and supported the ride over the last 18 years!

Chris

Wolverine
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 04, 2013 - 02:55 AM
Distance Rider
Distance Rider

cycling50 wrote:
Well, sorry to say, but Mt. Berry Square Mall has declined us permission to hold the Lunar Ride. Management told me that the company has a policy of "No events after the mall is closed."

CVCA will search for a new site where we can hold a similar event, but don't think that will happen this year.

Thanks to those who enjoyed and supported the ride over the last 18 years!

Chris

SAD, SAD, SAD!!!!! My 12 year-old was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO looking forward to the Lunar Bike Ride!!!!! Chris, if there's anything I can do to help make this happen this year, let me know. Even though I live in Dallas, I'll jump in and help any way I can.

Neil

cycling50
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 04, 2013 - 05:37 PM
Distance Rider
Distance Rider

Thanks for the support Neil! Sorry to disappoint your son.

We'll keep looking for another site and possibly find something for later this year, but I doubt it happening at this time.

I'm also thinking of getting up a petition to get the mall to reconsider for next year! I'll keep you posted.

Chris

Wolverine
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 13, 2013 - 05:12 AM
Distance Rider
Distance Rider

cycling50 wrote:
Thanks for the support Neil! Sorry to disappoint your son.

We'll keep looking for another site and possibly find something for later this year, but I doubt it happening at this time.

I'm also thinking of getting up a petition to get the mall to reconsider for next year! I'll keep you posted.

Chris

I just got back from vacation and saw that NO ONE responded to Chris's posting about the Lunar Bike Ride being called off due to new ownership at the mall not wanting us there, and I was wondering...

AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO CARES?!?

This is a fantastic even put on by the same classy people who do the UTC ride. I really was hoping for a better show of support than no comment. C'mon, people! Let Chris know you care!!!

cycling50
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 14, 2013 - 01:09 AM
Distance Rider
Distance Rider

Thanks Neil for the support!

The ride is more of a local ride, so I don't really expect most of the people on this site to attend. It is also more for kids/families, although we do have the pace lines going.

Newspaper got a hold of the news and there has been a lot of people complaining that it wasn't going to happen. Had numerous texts/calls/e-mails asking what could be done to keep it from being cancelled.

The YMCA graciously offered their park for the event and our president tentatively accepted their offer; however, I went to look at it and I'm not happy with the site. It would basically be a parking lot and not that big. I think it would only be suitable for the very young riders. I spent 3 1/2 hrs today checking out every possible site I could think of, but still not finding what I want. The mall was an ideal place. If we could just get them to change their mind.

I'm on vacation now this next week, so next earliest date would be August 16. I'll keep you posted Neil.

Thanks again for your support!

Chris Mc

Wolverine
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 15, 2013 - 04:41 AM
Distance Rider
Distance Rider

If anyone else has any ideas for an alternate location to hold the Lunar Bike Ride, please post it here! If you just happen to have a lighted mile track, that would be great Wink

cycling50 wrote:
Thanks Neil for the support!

The ride is more of a local ride, so I don't really expect most of the people on this site to attend. It is also more for kids/families, although we do have the pace lines going.

Newspaper got a hold of the news and there has been a lot of people complaining that it wasn't going to happen. Had numerous texts/calls/e-mails asking what could be done to keep it from being cancelled.

The YMCA graciously offered their park for the event and our president tentatively accepted their offer; however, I went to look at it and I'm not happy with the site. It would basically be a parking lot and not that big. I think it would only be suitable for the very young riders. I spent 3 1/2 hrs today checking out every possible site I could think of, but still not finding what I want. The mall was an ideal place. If we could just get them to change their mind.

I'm on vacation now this next week, so next earliest date would be August 16. I'll keep you posted Neil.

Thanks again for your support!

Chris Mc

Jump to: