Printer Friendly Page Printer Friendly Page | Register | Log in
Welcome Guest | Friday, January 17, 2020 08:29 PM EST

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
cycling50
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 08, 2011 - 10:15 PM
Distance Rider
Distance Rider

BUMP!

Tomorrow last day for pre-registered price. Put it in the mail in the morning.

Weather is looking good for evening, although some rain possible in the daytime. Rain usually cools it off for the evening. Chick-fil-A just told me today they will donate the ice dream for us....that was nice of them. They are all about family activities. Last year they also had a spin-the-wheel for treat coupons that the kids enjoyed.

We have invited the Open Door Home children to come and ride free as our guests. They really enjoyed it last year. One of our club members donated bikes to them, as an Eagle Scout project, a few years ago and CVCA donated helmets.

Redmond Medical Center will be our ambulance service and are providing some goodies including "glow bands." Of course we'll have the usual all- you-can eat pizza, watermelon and snacks/drinks. You have the option of purchasing an event t-shirt, while they last ,and we will have youth shirts.

Bring the family for a unique event! Non-riders (Grandma??) can come and just watch or purchase a $5 food/drink armband. Come spend the night in Rome and do a "real" ride in the morning or explore Berry College and/or downtown Rome. Lots to do without spending much money.

HELMETS REQUIRED BY ALL.

Reply with quote Back to top
aubie6
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 10, 2011 - 12:14 AM
bigWheel Level
bigWheel Level

Those guys are fast!!! I have only been riding about 6 weeks and I new i would never finished had i tried to hang on any longer. Sorry I missd you at the trun could have used to company for sure or draft Smile.
I will defintely be back some, I enjoy the ride one my favorites. We will be there on Friday just bought my 11 year old her first road bike and she is excited to come back to the Lunar Ride.

cycling50
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 12, 2011 - 06:20 PM
Distance Rider
Distance Rider

Steve, I wish you had ridden with us this last Saturday. We had a few more moderate riders and separated into 2 groups. The fast riders actually would turn around and pick up some of the riders and pull them back up. We did a different route. Only bad part was we encountered lots of dogs!

I'll see you Friday. I want to check out your daughter's new bike! Hope she enjoys riding as much as we do.

Chris

cycling50
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 17, 2011 - 03:21 AM
Distance Rider
Distance Rider

Lunar ride was a great success with lots of happy riders. We couldn't have asked for better weather. It was a cool, dry night with a full moon shining above. Every type of rider imaginable participated including little ones with training wheels, school children, casual riders, hand cyclists, and racers.
I wish we weren't so far away so more of you could bring your families.
I did get to see Keith. Hope he and his family had a fun night.

Unfortunately, the regular morning ride didn't fare so well, as the rain did start falling and gave them a wet messy ride.

Hopefully, I have time now to get myself back out on the bike!

Chris Mc

damnyankee
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 17, 2011 - 03:59 PM
Distance Rider
Distance Rider

Hey Chris,

We had a blast, the kids really enjoyed it. They kept saying we should do this twice a year.

Looks like you had a good turnout. The CVCA sure puts on good events, keep up the good work and it was nice meeting you.

Keith

Wolverine
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 18, 2011 - 01:08 AM
Distance Rider
Distance Rider

Chris,

I want to thank you and the CVCA for putting on a one-of-a-kind event that my son ABSOLUTELY LOVED!!!

Though the night didn't start out well for us, Colyne (my son) had a pinch flat and I left all of my tools at home except for my patch kit which I found out had no cement in the tube; but the night did get better!

A HUGE shout out goes to Vagabond (I think that was his member name). He saved my son's experience at the Lunar Bike Ride. He had a wrench and rubber cement so we could take my son's tire off and patch it. Then, after Colyne's tire was fixed, they rode together around the mall with my son wearing him out first and then me.

My wife even came and had a good time. She enjoyed the ability to go at her own pace, the wide open space (she gets a little claustrophobic on the Silver Comet Trail), and the Chick-fil-a Ice Dream (we all really liked that)!

Thanks to everyone involved in putting the ride together! We'll be back next year for sure!!!

cycling50
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 18, 2011 - 03:15 AM
Distance Rider
Distance Rider

So glad Keith and family and Wolverine and family had a good time.

Wolverine, I was the lady talking to you and trying to find someone who could help you. Last I saw you, Vagabond was helping you. I was upset that our one local bicycle shop was not present to assist riders such as yourself. They had promised to come and set up shop, but didn't show and I couldn't get them on the phone. Still have not heard from them. I hope they didn't have a family emergency or something. Very strange of them not to show as they were planning on bringing their kids to ride also.

Big thank you to Vagabond for saving the night for your son and yourselves also.

vagabond
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 18, 2011 - 03:23 AM
Distance Rider
Distance Rider

Wolverine:
More than glad to help. Seeing Colyne and my kids turning laps like they did is what it's all about. Next time I take the road bike, tho, Colyne was wearing me out!

Cycling50:
Ditto what Yankee and Wolverine said. This was our first time, but can guarantee it won't be the last. My kids and I had a blast and the full moon just made for a great scene. Mom was there with the camera ready for great night shots. Good food + good music + no traffic = GREAT TIME. Thanks for pulling it all together

Mitch

Jump to: