Printer Friendly Page Printer Friendly Page | Register | Log in
Welcome Guest | Thursday, January 23, 2020 06:45 PM EST

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
cycling50
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 18, 2011 - 03:39 PM
Distance Rider
Distance Rider

Mitch, I thought I might know you when I saw the kit you had on, but I should have asked. We kind of grabbed you and asked if you had any glue to help Wolverine and you did!! I was called away and didn't see the final result, but so happy it all worked out.

Wolverine, I believe you were with us on the Memorial Day ride. I just didn't recognize you at first either. The Lunar Ride was much cooler than the MD ride!!

Appreciate the kind words. The kids really do enjoy it and keep the ride going year after year. Their faces are priceless! There is a video on the RN-T.com site. You might see yourselves. Just excuse me for saying it was the 13th year instead of the 17th year....don't know what I was thinking(or not thinking) about!!

Reply with quote Back to top
aubie6
9 Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 18, 2011 - 04:15 PM
bigWheel Level
bigWheel Level

Chris,
Thanks for sharing the video, my daugher is in it several times and she will be happy to see that. We enjoyed it again this year and will be back. I now it is hard to pull-off but it would be great to have it more often.
The Saturday ride was defintely tough, hung on to the hammerheads as long as I could and got in 62 miles in the rain by myself... at least it was much cooler.

cycling50
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 18, 2011 - 08:28 PM
Distance Rider
Distance Rider

Steve,

Sorry I didn't see you and your daughter, but sounds like she had a good time. I would like to hold the event 2x in the summer or fall, but it is actually more expensive to put on then you would think, esp. paying for insurance etc. I've thought about holding a second cheaper "no-frills" event, but then people might not want to come. It is a hard call. I'll think on it some more.

Yeah, that morning group is tough. They only know one speed. Hopefully, you'll be back another weekend when there are some more moderate riders. I slept in after going to bed around 3 a.m. and was surprised to see the rain when I got up. I didn't think anyone would show up for the morning ride! You're tougher than me!

Jump to: