Printer Friendly Page Printer Friendly Page | Register | Log in
Welcome Guest | Monday, July 23, 2018 12:19 AM EDT

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
cycling50
Post subject: CVCA Lunar Bike Ride 7/15  PostPosted: Jun 26, 2011 - 11:17 PM
Distance Rider
Distance Rider

Our "Dog Days Lunar Bike Ride XVII" will be on Friday, July 15th from 10 p.m. to 1 a.m. The ride takes place at Mt Berry Mall--same place as the old start of our Up the Creek ride. One lap around the mall is one mile. You can ride as many laps as you want and stop at anytime for pizza, watermelon, ice dream (donated by Chick-fil-A), snacks, and drinks. A DJ will play a variety of music.

This is a great family event despite the late hour. The kids love the freedom of being able to ride without traffic. Some of the parents just come and sit in lawn chairs, listen to the music, visit, and eat while the kids wear themselves out. Of course, many of the parents ride also and there is usually a couple of pace lines going in the outer lane. The riders are separated in different lanes according to age and speed.

The lights will be on and the restrooms will be open. Mall security and police will be present to direct traffic on and off the course.

Registration form is available under "special events" www.cvca.org. We have just lost our web master, so the form is from last year, but is still valid except for the date changed to July 15. You can also register that night. Prices are low to allow almost anyone to be able to afford to participate.

Hope to see some of you there. We usually have around 250 people.

Chris Mc

Reply with quote Back to top
damnyankee
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 29, 2011 - 12:50 AM
Distance Rider
Distance Rider

I was there last year with my family and we had a blast. The kids have been asking recently when the ride was and are excited to go.

They have been telling their friends about it in hopes they can talk their parents into taking them.

Looking forward to the ride and maybe we will have a few other families with us.

Keith

cycling50
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 29, 2011 - 03:22 AM
Distance Rider
Distance Rider

Great Keith! Be sure and look me up and say hello! Love to meet the rest of your family.

aubie6
Post subject: My Kids are stoked  PostPosted: Jun 29, 2011 - 04:12 AM
bigWheel Level
bigWheel Level

My kids can't wait to come up and ride again this year. I think they really just like the excuse to stay up late Very Happy
We look forward to another fun evening, hoping to have another family join us as well.
Where do you start the Sat & Sun a.m. rides from now that the road is closed near the mall?

cycling50
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 30, 2011 - 02:23 AM
Distance Rider
Distance Rider

aubie6,

The road may be open on July 16th, if they finish the work on time....otherwise, we've been starting at Glenwood Primary School off of Old Dalton Rd. It is about 1/2 mile up Old Dalton on the right. You can go up Hwy 27 to Old School Rd., turn right and that will take you to the open section of Old Dalton Rd., and then the school is just a short ways north.

Hope to see you and the family on the 15th!

Chris

aubie6
Post subject: thanks!  PostPosted: Jun 30, 2011 - 07:13 PM
bigWheel Level
bigWheel Level

My in-laws live about 2 blocks from the Glenwood school. What time do you start? I may try to ride with your group either sat or sun this weekend.

cycling50
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 02, 2011 - 04:22 AM
Distance Rider
Distance Rider

aubie6,

Just got home from work and saw your post. Did you mean ride tomorrow?
We ride at 8 a.m. on Saturday. We haven't had much turnout on Sundays.
Saturday ride usually has a pretty fast group around 21 avg., a mod. group and a slow group around 15-16 mph. You're welcome to join us. Probably be riding up to the Pocket and back for 45 miles.

Chris

cycling50
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 02, 2011 - 06:27 PM
Distance Rider
Distance Rider

Steve, tried to PM you about ride today, but it wouldn't go through.

Ann and I saw you in the Pocket campground and called out, but you didn't hear us. Sorry there wasn't a bigger group for you to ride with today. I think Keith (yellow jersey) was just ahead of you and ended up riding alone after he got dropped.

Hope you'll come back.

Chris

Jump to: