Printer Friendly Page Printer Friendly Page | Register | Log in
Welcome Guest | Tuesday, November 20, 2018 03:16 AM EST

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
cycling50
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 17, 2007 - 03:58 AM
Distance Rider
Distance Rider

Jason,

The closest State park is James H. "Sloppy" Floyd Park which is 3 miles south of Summerville off of Hwy 27 N. This is a really nice park. There is camping, plus some really fancy cabins (expensive unless you are sharing with others).

Other options:

1. Rocky Mt. Recreation Area, Big Texas Valley in the Armuchee area. Great riding in that area. Probably about 10 miles or so from mall.
Season: April 1 - Oct. 31. 706-802-5087

2. "The Pocket" Recreation area. 22 miles north of mall. The Up the Creek ride goes thru this recreation area on the 60 and 100 mile routes.
Season: May-Nov. 706-638-1085 (US Forest Service). Beautiful area.

3. Lock and Dam Park. South of Rome. 706-234-5001

These are the only options I'm aware of right now. Hope this helps.

Chris Mc

Reply with quote Back to top
WildBill
Post subject: 2007 Up the Creek without a pedal Registration Cut off  PostPosted: Apr 29, 2007 - 11:35 PM
Distance Rider
Distance Rider

Just want to reminder everyone that May 2nd is fast approaching and that is the cut off for this years Up the Creek with out a pedal early registration.

You can download a printable registration here that need to be post marked no later then May 2nd or you can go on line to Active.com.

So if you would like to save a little of the green stuff send in your registration now!

If you have any questions you can contact Cycling50@aol.com or you can PM either me or Cycling50.

Hope to see ya there.
WB

MarkT
Post subject: RE: 2007 Up the Creek without a pedal Registration Cut off  PostPosted: Apr 30, 2007 - 11:46 AM
Ultra Distance
Ultra Distance

Much as I hate it, I don't reckon I'll be able to make this ride. Bummer. One of my most favorite memories of '06 is wrapping this one up with TomA, then sitting on the tailgate of his truck eating a Chick*Fil*A sandwich watching everybody come in.....

TomA
Post subject: RE: 2007 Up the Creek without a pedal Registration Cut off  PostPosted: Apr 30, 2007 - 01:43 PM
Ultra Distance
Ultra Distance

Sorry to hear that Mark. It was definetly fun last year hearing "TOOOOMMMEEEEE" off in the distance, swapping leads the last 30-40 miles and then hooking up on the last 10 miles biatching about the wind and being tired all the way in. The Chick*Fil*A sandwitches definetly hit the spot after the ride.

WildBill
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 30, 2007 - 03:21 PM
Distance Rider
Distance Rider

Sorry to hear you can't make it this year.

Now who are we going to get for the fashion show??? Rolling Eyes Laughing

WB

Jump to: