Printer Friendly Page Printer Friendly Page | Register | Log in
Welcome Guest | Thursday, January 23, 2020 06:43 PM EST

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Sandy
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 06, 2006 - 12:35 PM
Distance Rider
Distance Rider

It was a beautiful ride. ChrisMc picked the perfect weekend for the colors; they were spectacular. It was great to see Bill and ChrisMc again, and so nice to meet the other CVCA riders. Special thanks to Sherri and Kyla for the support and cookies!

Poor Micah! I didn't get to meet you before the ride, but I hate that your first ride with us had to end with such a weird crash. Everybody was talking about you at the NARC party Saturday night.

From now on, whenever you start to tell somebody about the time you got charged by buck, they'll all say "Oh, you're THAT guy!"

SUPERSTAR!

Reply with quote Back to top
TomA
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 10, 2006 - 11:14 AM
Ultra Distance
Ultra Distance

There were a couple pf photographers on the ride. Does anyone know if they have posted their pictures anywhere?

cycling50
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 11, 2006 - 03:11 AM
Distance Rider
Distance Rider

Hmmmmm......I'll check with WildBill and see if his wife, Sherry, has some she can post. Another one of our club members who rode took some pictures, but haven't talked to him.

Micah--what's the update on your recovery and that of your bike?

Micah
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 12, 2006 - 01:54 PM
Distance Rider
Distance Rider

cycling50 wrote:
Micah--what's the update on your recovery and that of your bike?

Still nursing the fractured rib, but the bruises and puncture wounds are healing well. It will be several weeks before I can get onto the trainer.

My LBS is rebuilding the bike with a better fork and wheels, as well as an annual tune-up, so I think my bike will be ready to hit next season hard.

cycling50
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 12, 2006 - 02:54 PM
Distance Rider
Distance Rider

Glad to hear you are feeling better. One consolation is that at least you got injured as the weather is turning colder and not as conducive to riding. You are young and in good shape so you will probably heal faster than us old folks.

Sounds like your bike will be better than before.

I saw a picture in one of local country stores of a buck with a fake deer stuck on its antlers. Guess it shows that they are not always so smart (or have bad eye sight) when they charge at an object.

Hope the healing continues to go well.

Chris Mc
Good luck with your continued recovery

cycling50
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 13, 2006 - 02:11 AM
Distance Rider
Distance Rider

Interesting article in the AJC today regarding deers.Mid-November is the peak breeding season. During "the rut" hot tempered bucks are known to charge humans. Apparently they have a highly developed system of scent glands and are very adept at picking up and interpreting various scents. Maybe the group Micah was with was sending out some strong scents that the buck either was attracted to or felt threatened by the scent.
Did y'all wear your deoderant that day? Razz

WildBill
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 13, 2006 - 12:16 PM
Distance Rider
Distance Rider

cycling50 wrote:
Interesting article in the AJC today regarding deers.Mid-November is the peak breeding season. During "the rut" hot tempered bucks are known to charge humans. Apparently they have a highly developed system of scent glands and are very adept at picking up and interpreting various scents. Maybe the group Micah was with was sending out some strong scents that the buck either was attracted to or felt threatened by the scent.

It was that funny looking bike in the lead group that scared the buck! Laughing

Sherry finally dl the pictures from the ride. WG what is the best way for me to send them to you? cd, email? I think there is quite a few pictures.

WB

Micah
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 13, 2006 - 05:21 PM
Distance Rider
Distance Rider

cycling50 wrote:

Well, I'm sure I smelled like roses. I take a shower once a week whether I need to or not. Razz

Jump to: