Printer Friendly Page Printer Friendly Page | Register | Log in
Welcome Guest | Thursday, December 13, 2018 07:58 AM EST

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Sadlebred
Post subject: Kennesaw Mountain and Bikes  PostPosted: Aug 26, 2017 - 09:14 PM
Distance Rider
Distance Rider

Kennseaw Mountain wants to keep cyclists off the mountain from 9-5 pm 7 days/week under a change in shuttle schedule. The proposed new schedule is to ban any private cars from driving and parking at the top. Walkers would still be able to hike up the road, but bicycles would not be allowed to ride up during hours the shuttle runs.

Kennesaw Mountain staff will be collecting comments about the plan for 50 days, including holding public meetings. The first meeting will be Sept. 12 at Marietta High School Performing Arts Center, 1171 Whitlock Road, from 5 to 7 p.m.

https://www.ajc.com/news/local/kennesaw-mountain-wants-charge-for-parking-run-shuttle-all-week/V2uswGfSmnFCZ7mAqG5CuI/

Reply with quote Back to top
forrest
Post subject: RE: Kennesaw Mountain and Bikes  PostPosted: Aug 26, 2017 - 10:52 PM
Ultra Distance
Ultra Distance

Thanks for posting this, Trish.

vrk75
Post subject: Re: Kennesaw Mountain and Bikes  PostPosted: Aug 29, 2017 - 02:44 PM
Distance Rider
Distance Rider

I am ok with the parking fee - if they allow bicycles more time and on weekends. Currently it is ridiculous - they close the road bicycles just after 7:15 PM sometimes. It is more up to the mercy of the ranger.

I am definitely going to the meeting.

webgeek
Post subject: RE: Re: Kennesaw Mountain and Bikes  PostPosted: Aug 29, 2017 - 03:14 PM
Ultra Distance
Ultra Distance

Cyclists have a near zero impact on the mtn road, stay to the right, allowing vehicles to pass. Peds on the other hand, many now behave as if they own half the road, taking the entire lane.
Apparently, the current park management agrees with this concept, based on the proposed plan.

webgeek
Post subject: RE: Re: Kennesaw Mountain and Bikes  PostPosted: Aug 29, 2017 - 03:22 PM
Ultra Distance
Ultra Distance

As a note. I did see two electric bikes yesterday on the mtn road, piloted by an apparent mid-aged married couple. Neither had helmets and to me, appeared to be aspiring organ donors. They however, appeared to be quite elated with the adventure and unaware of their secret aspirations.

jrc55
Post subject: Re: RE: Re: Kennesaw Mountain and Bikes  PostPosted: Aug 29, 2017 - 04:51 PM
Distance Rider
Distance Rider

webgeek wrote:
As a note. I did see two electric bikes yesterday on the mtn road, piloted by an apparent mid-aged married couple. Neither had helmets and to me, appeared to be aspiring organ donors. They however, appeared to be quite elated with the adventure and unaware of their secret aspirations.

Shocked Confused

Jump to: