Printer Friendly Page Printer Friendly Page | Register | Log in
Welcome Guest | Monday, August 20, 2018 05:13 PM EDT

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
forrest
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 29, 2016 - 04:21 PM
Ultra Distance
Ultra Distance

My water pump gave up at 318k miles yesterday. Water comes out the seal as quickly as I can pour it into the radiator. Probably won't make it out tomorrow.

Reply with quote Back to top
MrBigStuff
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 01, 2016 - 03:53 AM
CenturyRider Level
CenturyRider Level

Very fun and fast ride today. Kudos to TRED, CVCA, and all the folks behind the scenes that make this a fun ride. WG, I saw Shari, one of our favorite spin class instructors, at the start. Later I heard she had crashed. I guess I passed the crash site as I saw Chris McCormick and Barbara S on the side of Old Dalton Rd. Barb and Tom told me back at the parking deck that Shari probably would need a few stitches on her lip and had some other scrapes. Don't know what happened to cause the crash.

Overcast skies and no rain is hard to beat although I heard the 104 and 109 milers got wet.

I had a blast even with a nasty head cold...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bDZI_ijZYU&feature=youtu.be

twacker
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 04, 2016 - 05:11 PM
CenturyRider Level
CenturyRider Level

It was a great ride. Well marked, great route, and SAG stops. It did rain on the 104 / 109 groups. Not bad, only for 10 minutes or so. It was refreshing. However I do hate is when the socks get wet.

Thank you Mission Source for allowing us to join your group!!!

Look forward to riding UTC again next year.

Terry

cycling50
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 06, 2016 - 05:18 PM
Distance Rider
Distance Rider

Thanks Terry and Ron for the kind words! Ron, loved the video! It captures some of the beautiful areas you ride through.

Mother Nature was kind this year, except for those on the upper routes who got doused a couple of times! I had no idea we had any rain until the ride was over.

I believe we had 530 registered riders with a few no shows. This is about the same as last year. Several years ago we had 750, but I think there is too much competition now and we are a bit of a drive for a lot of people. Still happy with the turnout.

Only one crash reported. Shari was taken to Redmond hospital after she ran off the road and crashed. They discharged her about 6 hrs. after her admission. I hope she is recovering quickly. Always hate to have anyone get injured. Wishing her the best!

Julie/TRED did a great job in their first year. They are ready to take it on again next year and tweak it to make it even better.

Thanks to all of you who came to the event! The riders are the ones who make it a true success!

P.S. Forrest: I know SORBA is working on the mt. bike trails around Cave Spring. Another group of city leaders is promoting a paved trail to the Silver Comet Trail. As I understand it, the trail would be partly on present roads and then also new paved trails. They are working with PATH. The citizens are really working towards making it happen. Rome wants to jump on the bandwagon, but we will have a harder path of resistance to overcome.

Jump to: