Printer Friendly Page Printer Friendly Page | Register | Log in
Welcome Guest | Thursday, December 13, 2018 07:58 AM EST

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
letsroll
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 17, 2011 - 11:30 PM
StingRay Level
StingRay Level

I hate myself for missing this! Twisted Evil

Reply with quote Back to top
cycling50
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 26, 2011 - 04:53 PM
Distance Rider
Distance Rider

I just heard that some riders had to cross Hwy 27 at the end of their ride without police support and I wanted everyone to know that it was an isolated incident and definitely not intended! We had paid police to be at Hwy 27 all day. Around 11:45 or so two officers approached me at the school to collect their money. I was a little bewildered and said, "oh, you are working half the day and someone else is working there now for the rest of the day?" They said, "no, we were told the last rider had gone through and we were finished."
I about had a stroke and told them to immediately get back up to the intersection for the remainder of the day. They called their supervisor and returned to assist the riders for the rest of the day.

I apologize to anyone who had to cross that busy hwy on their own. It was definitely a snafu and won't happen in the future. If you hear anyone talking about this situation, please tell them what happened. Next year we may move the crossing a little further south where there is better visibility, even though the roads may be a little narrower.

Safety of the riders is the CVCA's highest priority!

Reply with quote Back to top
Jump to: