Printer Friendly Page Printer Friendly Page | Register | Log in
Welcome Guest | Monday, August 03, 2020 01:38 PM EDT

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
cycling50
Post subject: Rome century ride Sunday @ 6:30 a.m.  PostPosted: Jul 17, 2009 - 05:44 PM
Distance Rider
Distance Rider

A small group of us are going to do a century Sunday morning leaving at 6:30 a.m. from Mt. Berry Square Mall (site of our UTC ride). One rider wanted to do her first century this weekend, so we are going to oblige her.
This will be a very informal, casual ride with a 15-16 avg. pace.

The group will stay together as there will be no maps/cue sheets. The route will be a version of our UTC century route only the bottom half will be done in reverse and we will be avoiding Hwy 136 and Hwy 201 on the upper loop.

If you're an early morning person and looking for a long, fairly easy ride, come join us. You can respond here for more information or pm me.

Chris Mc

Reply with quote Back to top
freewheelz
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 18, 2009 - 02:43 AM
HuffyCruiser Level
HuffyCruiser Level

I'll try to make it, even though I'm not an early morning person. Wink

Philip K. Dick

freewheelz
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 19, 2009 - 11:36 PM
HuffyCruiser Level
HuffyCruiser Level

Thanks to Chris for organizing this nice ride. There were several detours from the regular UTC route that I had never been on and that were quite scenic.
The weather and companionship were outstanding. It is always great to see someone do their first century! Thank-you's also to Bill and Charles W. for the super-strong pulls back to the mall. Smile

Philip K. Dick

cycling50
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 20, 2009 - 02:39 AM
Distance Rider
Distance Rider

Yes, what a great day to do a century! It was even a little chilly at the start, but warmed up and never did get hot. We even had a tail wind for about the last 30 miles!

Seven of us did the ride. We had two first time century riders who did very well. Our ride was marred by a couple of mechanical issues, one crash caused by failure to unclip, and one store closed, but otherwise no major problems.

BigRing and a tailwind gave us a great ride out of the Pocket! I proved to be a good "wheel sucker." Smile

Poor Bobby (freewheelz) had to go to work when we returned, while the rest of us could go crash on the couch and watch the Tour! Twisted Evil

I'll probably do the shorter version of this ride later in the year when people won't have to get up so early to attend.

Chris Mc

Jump to: